Friends of Roscomare’s WILLY WONKA
- Price includes: Attendance to all classes/rehearsals, participation in the two shows. Also includes costumes, props and gift bags for the students. Parents may be asked to purchase a specific dance shoe or an under garment like a leotard and tights but the outer costume will be provided for use during the shows. Also includes one script and music (replacement of a lost script can be purchased for $20).
- Students will be working with a Professional Director, Choreographer and Musical Director during rehearsals. There are no make-up classes for missed classes/rehearsals, no refunds once payment is made, and students are expected to attend all classes/rehearsals and exhibit good behavior, as the rest of their class relies on them to be a participating cast member. It’s a team effort.
- Tickets to the show are not included but will be offered to cast families first- tickets are approx. $12-16. Parents are asked to help make the program a success and extra special for the children by helping to volunteer with a few items related to the show.
- I understand that while precautions are in place to keep students as safe as possible, there is a risk of contracting Covid-19 and other illnesses while part of this program. While we have rules in place to limit possible exposure, participation in this program includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules may reduce this risk, the risk does exist. By filling in the circle below, I acknowledge that and knowingly and freely assume all such risks.
- I understand that the program costs $675 and once payment has been made for this program it is non-refundable amd non-transferrable. I understand that if my child needs to be removed from the program due to discipline issues, there will be no refund. I will not pick up my child early as it will disrupt the program for all students. I must pick up my child on time (Tuesday by 4:05pm & Thursday by 5:05pm). If I am late to pick up my child, Upstage Staff will charge childcare fees.
- I understand that once payment has been made for this class it is non-refundable/non-
transferrable. Classes are also non- refundable post casting.
Class Behavior: Students who join the after school theater program are expected to exhibit good behavior in the program. If your student is asked to leave the program due to poor behavior, no refund will be given.
1. When are the shows?
The shows will be Friday, December 8th at 5:30pm and Saturday, December 9th at 2pm
2. Will rehearsals be indoors or outdoors at Roscomare?
We plan to hold rehearsals indoors in the auditorium and some outdoors. Parents should send students to school with a hat to protect them from the sun and keep them cool on hot days. As it gets colder, students should be sent to school with a jacket.
3. How will my child get to class?
All 3rd-5th grade students will walk themselves to the class.
4. How will children be grouped?
Children will be grouped in their grade level (groups of 10-15 students) as often as possible with a single instructor. Each instructor will rotate to each group.
5. Is there a snack break?
There are no snack breaks during the rehearsal, however, students can enjoy a snack sent from home at the lunch tables after school lets out prior to the start of class.
6. Where will the shows take place?
We are prepared to have the shows in the Auditorium with a stage, sound and some lighting.
7. How will students change into costumes if they are outdoors?
Students will wear shorts and shirts under all costumes so will not need privacy changing.
8. Where will I pick up my child after class?
Parents will drive up to the front of school or park on Roscomare Road at 4:05pm on Tuesdays and 5:05pm on Thursdays to pick up their child. All parents need to be on time as staff is not scheduled to stay after pick up.